From Monday 20 November 2017, services in relation to Probate matters will no longer be available from the Bristol Civil and Family Justice Centre.
Customers requesting information and access to Probate services should follow the instructions below:-
How to obtain Probate Application Forms:-
By telephone:- Please call 0300 123 1072 (press option 1 and leave your name and address) a pack will then be posted to you
On the Internet :- www.gov.uk/wills-probate-inheritance to download the forms (PA1 and IHT205)
Frequently asked questions:-
Which address do I send them to:-
Please send the completed forms to:-
Probate Registry of Wales
3rd Floor, Cardiff Magistrates Court
What do I send?
• PA1 form
• Official Death certificate
• Original Will and 3 plain copies (if applicable)
• Cheque/postal order payable to ‘HMCTS’
We recommend sending these documents by recorded delivery.
How long before I have a response/receive the Grant?
Once your forms have been received, you will be sent a letter by post within 10 working days from the Probate Registry. Providing there are no queries you will receive your Grant within 5 weeks of the forms being received by the Probate Registry.
• Currently the Probate Registry of Wales are processing all applications on behalf of Bristol District Probate Registry
• Once the Grant has issued the Original Will is retained by the Registry. An official Court Sealed Copy Will, will be attached to your Grant.
Any queries, please call the Probate helpline on 0300 123 1072.