The Law Society will be hosting a Q&A event with HMCTS focusing on the impact of COVID-19 on Wednesday 5 August, from 5pm to 6.30pm.
The aim is to provide an overview of the work that has been undertaken within the court service and the work that still needs to be addressed as part of the court recovery plan.
This will be an interactive webinar and we are asking members to submit any questions they have about the service in advance which will be answered by CEO of HMCTS, Susan Acland-Hood.
We invite you to submit questions in advance, but there will also be opportunity to ask questions during the event. Topics we expect to be covered include:
- Member safety especially in terms of attending court/tribunal buildings
- Experience of remote hearings, including any concerns regarding a client’s understanding, particularly those considered vulnerable
- Operation of Cloud Video Platform
- Backlogs and listing of cases
- Impact on processing times (for example probate and divorce)
- Use of existing court estate
- Nightingale courts
- Extended operating hours
The webinar is free to attend, however you must register online here. Bookings will close 48 hours before the start date.