SRA competency: A2
In a recent Law Society survey of Junior Lawyers, 55% of women and 42% of men told us they regularly felt unable to cope, with almost two-fifths experiencing a mental health problem. High workload and demanding clients were behind many of the problems, and the resulting stress led to problems with family life and relationships.
In response to this, we are offering a one-day resilience and wellbeing workshop, created to help you be your best at work, and away from it.
This face-to-face one day workshop puts the focus firmly on your personal coping mechanisms. We demonstrate how to self-assess, manage emotional responses and deal with everyday stressors, so you can better deal with the pressures of your job. We will tackle anxiety and its causes, encourage positive thinking and you will leave with valuable skills for life.
Key learning and outcomes
- Self-assessment tools – to identify what triggers your stress responses
- Improved time management skills – to keep you focused on priorities
- Better understanding of emotional responses – to help you cope with challenging situations and people
- Confidence building exercises – to develop positive thinking
- Greater resilience – so you feel less anxious and more in control
- Skills for life – to help you get the most from the opportunities on offer to you, both at work and at home.
What makes our workshops different?
Designed with you in mind – every element addresses needs that you have identified
Small group sizes – 10-20 participants to ensure you get individual attention.
Highly interactive – whichever format you choose, your input will be a valuable part of the day
Which workshop style is best for you?
There are two formats to this workshop:
- Face-to-face one day events in the following convenient locations – Bristol, Liverpool and Leeds. To book in Leeds, click the Book Event button below. For other locations, click here
- Two interactive virtual workshops. To book, click here.
09:00 – 09:30 Registration
09:30 – 10:00 Welcome, introductions and context setting
10:00 – 10:20 Introduction to resilience and wellbeing
10:20 – 10:30 Why is this topic important?
10:30 – 11:00 When do I need to be resilient?
11:00 – 11:15 Coffee break
11:15 – 11:30 How to develop resilience and wellbeing
11:30 – 13:00 Self-awareness
13:00 – 13:40 Lunch
13:40 – 13:45 Energiser
13:45 – 15:30 Developing your mental toughness – part 1
15:30 – 15:45 Tea break
15:45 – 17:00 Developing your mental toughness – part 2
17:00 – 17:30 Applying the learning – action planning
Trainer: Cathryn Priestley, Consultant, Cirrus Connect
Cathryn has 20-years experience as a learning and development specialist, building on an 11 year career in hospitality. Her approach to working with leaders and organisations is pragmatic, commercial and systematic.
Who should attend?
If you are a busy solicitor and could benefit from expert guidance on safeguarding your personal wellbeing, then this workshop is for you.
Early bird ticket (available until 18 August 2019) £135+VAT (10% discount for BLS members £121.50 +VAT)
Standard ticket (from 19 August 2019) £150+VAT (10% discount for BLS members £135 +VAT)
When booking your ticket, select your ticket and click next. In the discount code box, type LAWSOC19 and click apply discount code. Wait for the discount to load before completing your booking.
Book online by clicking here