Criminal Justice roundtable
Date: 3 June 2019
Venue: Bristol Law Society, 12 Colston Avenue, BS1 4ST
Cost: No charge
Our criminal justice system is in at breaking point. Due to years of underinvestment it is facing an avalanche of problems, such as growing shortages of duty solicitors, court closures and barriers to accessing legal aid.
The Law Society has been making the case to Government for increased spending on criminal justice to help fix the broken system, but we need your help. Attend this event to ensure your voice is heard.
This event will focus on:
- The Law Society’s Criminal Justice Campaign and how you can become a local ambassador.
- Informing you about the Law Society’s policy position with an update on key areas relative to criminal justice.
- How you can further your engagement with the Law Society.
- Information about how member views are used to inform Law Society policy development on criminal legal aid fee structures.
- An opportunity to record your views on the HM Courts and Tribunal Service reform programme.
Staff from across the Law Society will be leading the session, including The Law Society’s Head of Justice Richard Miller.
15:30 – 16:00 Registration
16:00 – 18:00 Seminar
Topics to be covered:
- The Law Society’s criminal justice campaign – how you can get involved
- Review of criminal aid fees – give us your views
- Hear the latest news regarding the HM Courts and Tribunal Service reform programme.
Who should attend?
This event is primarily aimed at criminal law practitioners.
How to book your place
Please follow the link to confirm your attendance of one of our events Bookings