3PB Albion Chambers Ashfords Barcan + Kirby Battens Beale & Co BLM Burges Salmon Clarke Willmott CMS CMNO Cooke Painter Ltd Clyde & Co DAC Beachcroft The Family Law Practice Foot Anstey (including Enable Law) Fussell Wright GL Law Guildhall Chambers Irwin Mitchell Solicitors Lyons Davidson Marc White & Co Meade King Osborne Clarke Paragon Costs Solutions Queen Square Chambers … more
Excerpt from the article: How Bristol’s oldest companies are still thriving after more than 100 years in business They include the city’s last-surviving chocolate maker a wine merchant and a tannery. Why do some companies struggle to survive beyond a year while others flourish for hundreds? Although more than 90 per cent of small companies in Britain will survive one … more
Please note that the BLS office is shut to members at present as we continue to work from home during the pandemic. We can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org. In the meantime, our office is now operating as the Bristol Nightingale Court and accordingly, we are unable to hire out our facilities until further notice. (Oct 2020) Bristol Law Society’s suite … more
Advocates’ Graduated Fee Scheme Dispute
NOTE FROM THE SENIOR PRESIDING JUDGE – THE RT HON LADY JUSTICE MACUR
- This guidance is issued in respect of publicly funded defence cases where the representation order was granted on or after 1 April 2018.
- This guidance only applies to cases sent to the Crown Court during the period of the dispute between the legal profession and the Lord Chancellor. It has no wider application.
- The aim is to ensure uniformity of approach by all judges sitting at the Crown Court and to assist defendants who appear in the Crown Court unrepresented by either counsel or solicitors.
- There must be no suggestion that the judiciary are anything other than neutral in this dispute between the profession and the government. This guidance seeks only to address practical issues in the management of cases in the Crown Court.
- The work of the court must continue to be listed appropriately with the expectation that those instructed to attend will do so and fulfil their commitments to their clients and the court. Any application to vacate or adjourn a case should be decided on its merits and in the interests of justice. It is important to keep an accurate factual record of the impact on the working of the court of any action, including the name and details of any cases affected.
Please see document in full Guidance on action -Practitioners version – 02052018
Featured around our website...
Members & Benefits
Bristol Law Society is a private members’ local law society of about 4500 which represents and supports the local legal community. Membership is renewable annually and is open to all … more
Please note that Bristol Law Society no longer provide a recruitment agency service to local firms and individuals. We now offer the following recruitment solutions: Branded Direct Jobs Board Advertising … more
No 12, The Meeting Rooms – Conference, Meeting and Mediation Rooms for Hire
Please note that the BLS office is shut to members at present as we continue to work from home during the pandemic. We can be contacted on email@example.com. In the … more
New report reveals significant LegalTech cluster in Bristol & Bath
A new report from Whitecap Consulting, conducted with support from key regional stakeholders, has found impressive levels of LegalTech activity, capability and employment across legal service providers, tech firms and … more