Five VWV Partners Recognised as Leading High Net Worth Lawyers
VWV’s Private Client team has been recognised as a leading firm in the South West for Private Wealth, alongside mentions for five lawyers in London, Bristol and Birmingham.
The Chambers High Net Worth guide recognises the world’s leading private wealth advisers, specifically aimed at the international private wealth market.
VWV has been named as a leading firm for Private Wealth law in the South West for another year. The team was described as “particularly highly rated for its strengths in dealing with contentious private client matters,” with one interviewee announcing that “the lawyers are determinedly client-focused.” In conjunction with this, Chambers have noted five of VWV’s lawyers as leading private wealth advisers.
Managing Partner Simon Heald commented:
“Congratulations to our Private Client team for this well-deserved recognition, these rankings are a great achievement. We are proud of our national reputation in the private client sector and we are privileged to be recognised once again for the expertise and support we provide for our clients.”
BEVAN BRITTAN BUILDS UPON LAST YEAR’S RECORD REVENUE AND PROFIT GROWTH
The law firm Bevan Brittan LLP – which is based at Queen Street in Bristol – has reported continued growth in both revenues and investments for the financial year 2018/19.
Key financial results were:
Turnover: £46.0m – up 4.5% (2017/18 – £44.0m, 2016/17 – £39.2m)
Net profit: £9.97m – up 4.2% (2017/18 – £9.56m, 2016/17 – £7.8m)
With more than 230 legal professionals and support staff in the city, including 28 partners, the firm made substantial investments in its capability and capacity in one of the UK’s most dynamic regions.
Rosemary Jago, Bevan Brittan’s office head in Bristol, said:
“This has been another strong financial year for the firm and since 2012/13 we have, over the last 6 years, organically grown our revenue by 40%.
“Bristol is a fast-developing and dynamic city where a spirit of innovation and forward thinking is driving business confidence and growth. We are committed to playing an active role in the business life of the city and are delighted to be supporting a number of key business events and networks.
“The firm has a clear strategy for a balanced client portfolio that focuses on local government, the NHS, independent and social care and the wider housing sector.”
We have also successfully expanded into new markets including energy sustainability, manufacturing, insurance and technology and as a result we now advise more than 800 businesses across the country.
“During the year, we have recruited senior legal professionals that have broadened our offering in specialist areas including corporate and commercial, regeneration and property, information law and the digital economy.
“Seven years of excellent continuous revenue growth has given us the solid financial performance platform to invest in and maintain excellent service delivery for our clients and to begin introducing true agile working across the country and our Bristol office.”
Highlights for the firm in Bristol during the year included:
- Legal 500 gave Bevan Brittan a Tier One ranking in three practice areas in the South West – Local Government, Health and Employment. In the Chambers guide, the firm achieved Band One status for Social Housing in the South West and nationally in Clinical Negligence, Healthcare and Local Government – all of which Bristol teams make a significant contribution
- In October 2018, Bevan Brittan supported Bristol Housing Festivalin its aims to generate new ideas and thinking to support local government in creating housing, places and thriving new communities in Bristol and elsewhere. The firm is the primary sponsors of the One Health Tech Bristol membership group
- The firm was shortlisted in both the Bristol Life Awards and the Bristol Property Awards, advising clients across the UK from the Bristol office such as the NHS; Engie; Barchester Healthcare; Shawbrook Bank and Places for People or those based locally such as United Communities, Great Western Air Ambulance Charity and Sovereign Housing
- Ten Bristol lawyers were promoted during the year, including two new partners Carlton Sadler (Regulatory and Compliance) and Hannah Taylor (Medical Law)
- Upgraded IT Infrastructure with a new practice management system and software to further support agile working
In September 2019, Bevan Brittan is supporting the Festival of Sustainable Business, a major event taking place in Bristol. The festival is dedicated to promoting, celebrating and helping businesses progress in their sustainability efforts. Bevan Brittan is chairing the sustainable construction seminar to support Bristol’s 2030 carbon neutrality target.