Job title: Private Client Lawyer (Solicitor or Legal Executive).
Team: Private Client
Reporting to: Head of Team / Managing Associate
Based: Bristol / Remote
Flexibility: Occasional travel to other UK offices
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
There is more to just providing legal advice and strategic guidance. We are here to help our clients seize new opportunities that stimulate growth. We put our hearts and energy into building meaningful, lasting relationships and are passionate about connecting people.
If you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling career in a supportive, inclusive and high performance work environment where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential, Ince Metcalfes could be the firm for you.
As a firm, we recognise that everyone has a part to play in realising our vision. We aim to have a “One Firm; One Team” mind-set in everything we do, where everyone in the firm is treated with respect and equal value. We thrive on the challenges our work brings, but it’s important to us that our people have time to make the most of life outside of work too.
Requirements and Previous Experience
- Legal/technical ability as it relates to:
- preparation of Wills, including those creating IPDI, Vulnerable Persons and Discretionary Will Trusts
- estate administration, including complex, taxable estates, excepted estates and post-death disclaimers and variations
- foundation and administration of Trusts
- IHT, CGT and succession planning
- preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPAs) and the registration of LPAs and Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the client’s aims and objectives, together with being able to interview and advise clients, helping them decide the best course of action.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of competence in the above aspects of Private Client work and able to identify the relevant legal issues applicable to a matter or a transaction.
- Taking client calls and meetings successfully and producing/recording effective telephone notes and attendance notes and conducting effective case and transaction management to progress client matters.
- To apply firm and departmental processes and procedures. This would include achieving agreed fee earning and caseload targets, as set by the head of the team.
- Drafting legal documents in plain language that is clear, concise and makes best use of precedents including knowing how to save time and costs.
- Participating in business generation activities including Identifying and attending appropriate networking opportunities
- Working with IFAs, brokers and accountants to ensure clients are given a fully considered approach to wealth management and succession planning
- Exceptional communication, presentation and problem solving skills. Both verbal and written with excellent interpersonal skills, great attention to detail and an ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with clients and third parties with whom you interact.
- Proven multi-tasker, who can demonstrate the ongoing use of initiative.
- Team player but self-motivated and able to work autonomously and pro-actively. We would expect you to play an active role within the team and support other team members during busy times.
- Used to delivering against short deadlines, accurately and a proven ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Able to demonstrate experience, liaising pro-actively with third parties professionally
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills. We would expect you to demonstrate an understanding/awareness of good financial health, working capital and regular billing and refer matters as necessary in a timely fashion to a supervisor.
We are an equal opportunities employer and ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
Appointment is subject to the appropriate basic disclosure/DBS checks, and satisfactory references.
No agencies please.
To apply, please send your CV in the first instance to email@example.com stating which role you are applying for.