The Co-operative Bank has launched a new online banking service specially designed to help legal firms manage money on behalf of clients.
Financial Manager is a customer money management package that makes the day-to-day running of client money simple. It has been developed for businesses such as those in the legal sector.
The benefits include:
· Access to an unlimited number of virtual accounts which can be easily grouped together, such as by individual, company or property name.
· Facility to allocate account names and references so that they can be matched simply to those on company records for reconciliation.
· Make and receive payments or issue cheques against each virtual account.
· Potential to generate income by pooling funds held in accounts to take advantage of higher rates of credit interest available on larger balances; and an option to set varying interest rates on virtual accounts.
· Facility to generate custom reports.
Dave Matkin, Head of Corporate Business Development, at The Co-operative Bank said “Financial Manager is an online complete end-to-end customer money management package that gives the company full control over its clients’ money.
“It allows legal firms to segregate client funds easily and efficiently, to complete reconciliation, reduce staff costs and time, and improve the service they provide to their customers.
“Despite the economic uncertainty of the last few years, this is another illustration of how we continue to expand our support for businesses and offer a compelling alternative to the traditional providers.
“As part of The Co-operative Group we’re in the unique position of being able to offer business customers access to a broader range of services and expertise spanning sectors from legal services to pharmaceutical care.”
Financial Manager is also encrypted providing full security for customers along with secure login facilities, and complies with Financial Service Authority (FSA) money rules.