Commercial Property Lawyer
We have an exciting opening for a dynamic, professional and focused lawyer to play an integral part in growing and developing Barcan+Kirby’s commercial property capacity.
You will be joining an established, forward-thinking and highly reputable Bristol firm, delivering high-quality work to meet the ever-changing needs of our commercial clients.
We offer the chance to work autonomously, with a varied workload and innovative training and development prospects.
You will undertake all elements of commercial property fee-earning work, including:
- Sales and purchases of properties and businesses, mortgage and refinancing, both individual and portfolio
- Landlord and tenant matters, including the grant and assignment of leases, lease renewals, and licences to assign and alter
- Development acquisitions and disposals, pension properties, joint venture agreements, and all other aspects of commercial property
- Management of support services, including departmental secretaries and Paralegals
- Maintaining financial control with particular regard to cash flow control
- Understanding commercial banking documents, such as debentures and personal guarantees
- Assisting our Corporate + Commercial team on property matters in corporate transactions
- Marketing and business development activities, alongside our established Marketing team
- Forming, developing and maintaining links with new and existing clients
- Cross-department working to raise the profile of our work and to identify cross-selling opportunities
The ideal candidate
- Qualified Solicitor or FCILEx with two years’ PQE or five years’ experience working in commercial property/real estate
- Outstanding people management experience
- Marketing initiative experience and implementation, strong networking skills and established contacts within the community
- Experience in commercial property/real estate including commercial lease transactions, lease renewals and the sale/purchase of commercial property
Location and working hours
- This is a full-time role, but a flexible working pattern will be considered
- Working hours are 9am – 5.15pm, Monday to Friday
- You will be based at our Gloucester Road office, but with the option to apply for hybrid working upon successful completion of your probation
Barcan+Kirby is well known in the Bristol legal market both as a provider of excellent legal services for individuals and businesses, and as a progressive firm with an excellent reputation as an employer.
We pride ourselves on promoting the work/life balance of employees and promoting positive wellbeing and mental health is incredibly important to us. We were advocates for flexible working long before the Covid-19 pandemic, and we are fully supportive of hybrid working.
Our core values drive our culture and are at the heart of everything we do, and we are far from being a stuffy, rigid law firm.
We won Law Firm of the Year (up to 20 Partners) at the Bristol Law Society Awards 2021, 2019 and 2015.
- A minimum of 25 days’ holiday per year with the option to purchase additional holiday
- Employer pension contribution
- Death in service
- Discretionary bonus
- Access to the firm’s Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted legal services
- Flexible, hybrid and agile working including a flexible day
- Apprenticeship programmes, including an ILM management course
How to apply