Job title: Associate
Based: Hybrid work from home and Queen Square, Bristol
Travel: Occasional travel to client offices and other Ince offices
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm
Ince is part of The Ince Group, a dynamic, international, legal and business services provider with offices across Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Ince deals with a wide variety of clients ranging from SMEs, owner managed businesses and entrepreneurs, to FTSE companies.
There is more to just providing legal advice and strategic guidance. We are here to help our clients seize new opportunities that stimulate growth. We put our hearts and energy into building meaningful, lasting relationships and are passionate about connecting people.
If you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling career in a supportive, inclusive and high performance work environment where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential, Ince could be the firm for you.
As a firm, we recognise that everyone has a part to play in realising our vision. We aim to have a “One Firm; One Team” mind set in everything we do, where everyone in the firm is treated with respect and equal value. We thrive on the challenges our work brings, but it is also important to us that our people have time to make the most of life outside of work too.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and ambitious solicitor to join and grow our Corporate team in Bristol as an Associate. We are looking for someone in the NQ – 3 PQE range (this is only a guide and we are flexible to see applications outside this), with a minimum of six months Corporate experience which may have been obtained as a Paralegal or as part of a training contract.
The team deals with a variety of quality instructions, and in particular is looking to grow its M&A practice after completing a number of high profile deals in the region over the past eighteen months. The work is wide ranging, which sometimes requires collaborative working with other Ince teams in Cardiff and other Ince offices (both in the UK and internationally).
The work will include an impressive range of both Corporate and Commercial work and includes mergers and acquisitions, management buy-outs and buy-ins, joint ventures, drafting shareholder agreements and articles of association, dealing with corporate governance issues as well as drafting general and more complex commercial agreements.
If you are currently seeking a step up in terms of responsibility and impact, and want to be a key part of a small but growing team and its future development, this is the role for you.
- Supporting with key transaction documents and project management on M&A deals
- Leading on aspects of transactions, including disclosure and due diligence by co-ordinating the team across the firm, reviewing corporate and commercial documents, compiling relevant due diligence reports and identifying key issues
- Assisting on corporate reorganisations
- Drafting documentation to reflect different business ownership structures, such as shareholders’ agreements, LLP members’ agreements and partnership agreements
- Drafting and negotiating constitutional documents and related ancillary documents
- Giving advice to clients on general corporate issues, company law and company secretarial matters
- Drafting and advising upon commercial contracts e.g. standard terms and conditions of business and distribution agreements
- Developing an effective working relationship with clients
- Undertaking business development, networking and marketing so as to assist with the expansion of the firm’s Corporate offering and client base
- Commercially focused with a good grounding in Corporate work
- Keen to engage in business development, and to build their own reputation in the market
- Able to use their own initiative, and to adopt a solution rather than problem mind-set
- Motivated to grow with the team to become a recognised expert
- Ability to manage time effectively and perform well under pressure
- A strong team player with a collaborative approach to work
- A genuine interest in and enthusiasm for corporate and commercial matters
- Salary is competitive and negotiable depending on experience
- Eligible for the firm’s discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave including the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension contributions
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance at 4x Salary
- Income Protection Cover
- Optical Care vouchers and many more benefits and discounts.
To apply or find out more, please get in touch with our recruitment team and send your CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the role you wish to apply for.
We are an equal opportunities employer and ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
Appointment is subject to the appropriate background checks and satisfactory references.
A note to recruitment agencies: we like to recruit utilising internal recruitment team resources initially so this role is only open to direct applicants. If we do need any extra help we will reach out to you and utilise our PSL in the first instance.