Job title: Family Partner
Team: Private Wealth
Reporting to: Head of Department
Flexibility: Occasional travel to other UK offices
Contract Type: Permanent, full-time
There has never been a more exciting time to join Ince. We are a dynamic international legal and professional services firm, with offices in nine countries across Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. With over 750+ people across The Ince Group, including over 100 partners worldwide.
Our new Private Wealth division brings together specialists from across the firm in legal and non-legal services – family, tax, private client, residential conveyancing, and pension and investment services to name a few – to provide a full suite of advisory services to local and international individuals, families and the institutions who support them. We recognise their needs and offer personal, and business focussed legal services, together with advice that makes practical and commercial sense. Our clients range from traditional UK based individuals and families, entrepreneurs, business owners and professionals to high and ultra-high net worth international clients of all types.
We believe in helping our clients, and our colleagues, reach their ambitions by unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our Private Wealth division is a growing and ambitious part of the Ince story and is actively looking to grow regionally, nationally, and internationally.
That is where you come in − if you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling career and are equally committed to delivering exceptional value and service to our clients, then Ince could be the firm for you. We offer a supportive, inclusive, and high-performance work environment, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential.
Join us, grow with us, and win with us.
Requirements and previous experience
- Senior Family lawyer with extensive experience of managing a case load of privately-funded family files for medium to HNW individuals including divorce, separation, financial disputes, pre and post nuptial agreements and private children law.
- In conjunction with the Head of Department, senior Private Wealth colleagues and Ince Business Services develop a strategic plan which delivers growth for the Family team.
- Working alongside the Head of Department, provide leadership and delivery of high-performance results in line with business plans and financial budgets.
- Delivering exceptional client care and able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the client’s aims and objectives.
- Ability and willingness to embrace and take the lead on business development and marketing initiatives to grow the existing client base – active developer of business.
- To apply firm and departmental processes and procedures.
- Supervision of fee earning work undertaken by junior lawyers within the team.
- Referring clients to other Ince client facing teams
- Working with IFAs, brokers and accountants to ensure clients are given a fully considered approach to wealth management and succession planning.
- A role model lawyer with proven leadership skills.
- Team player but self-motivated and able to work autonomously and pro-actively. We would expect you to play an active role within the team and support other team members during busy times.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and problem-solving skills, both verbal and written, with excellent interpersonal skills, great attention to detail and an ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with clients and third parties with whom you interact.
- The drive and ambition to impact personal and departmental growth and development.
- Proven multi-tasker, who can demonstrate the ongoing use of initiative.
- Used to delivering against short deadlines, accurately and a proven ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload.
- Able to demonstrate experience, liaising pro-actively with third parties professionally.
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills.
- IT literate.
To apply or find out more, please get in touch with our recruitment team and send your CV in the first instance to email@example.com stating the role you wish to apply for.
We are an equal opportunities employer and ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
Appointment is subject to the appropriate basic disclosure/DBS checks, and satisfactory references.