Job title: Associate
Department: Insurance – casualty
Based: Hybrid work from home and Queen Square, Bristol
Travel: Occasional travel to client offices and other Ince offices
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00am – 5:30pm
Ince is part of The Ince Group, a dynamic, international, legal and business services provider with offices across Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Ince deals with a wide variety of clients ranging from SMEs, owner managed businesses and entrepreneurs, to FTSE companies.
There is more to just providing legal advice and strategic guidance. We are here to help our clients seize new opportunities that stimulate growth. We put our hearts and energy into building meaningful, lasting relationships and are passionate about connecting people.
If you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling career in a supportive, inclusive and high performance work environment where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential, Ince could be the firm for you.
As a firm, we recognise that everyone has a part to play in realising our vision. We aim to have a “One Firm; One Team” mind set in everything we do, where everyone in the firm is treated with respect and equal value. We thrive on the challenges our work brings, but it is also important to us that our people have time to make the most of life outside of work too.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and ambitious solicitor to join and grow our insurance casualty/bodily injury team in Bristol as an Associate and working closely with our casualty team in London. We are looking for someone with around 3 PQE (this is only a guide and we are flexible to see applications outside this), due to increased defendant PI instructions.
The team deals with a variety of quality instructions, and in particular is looking for complex casualty expertise (EL/PL inc liability advice), mathematical and good report writing skills.
- Initial report/review and setting strategy for the management of claims.
- Considering concepts and merits of primary and secondary liability in employers liability and public liability claims
- Instructing Counsel/investigators/medical and other experts
- Reviewing evidence, for example Witness statements, GP records, Occupational Health/ Personnel records, properly inspection reports etc
- Review and/or report re exchange of evidence, receipt of medical evidence, joint statements
- Preparing and checking trial bundles and handling negotiations/ Drafting Payments into Court
- Conducting CMC’s and applications
- Creation of Pre-Trial reports
- Drafting questions to medical experts
- Attending Conferences and Trial with Counsel
- Developing an effective working relationship with clients
- Undertaking business development, networking and marketing so as to assist with the expansion of the firm’s PI offering and client base
- Previous experience at managing defendant EL/PL claims is essential
- Commercially focused with a good grounding in defendant PI work
- Keen to engage in business development, and to build their own reputation in the market
- Able to use their own initiative, and to adopt a solution rather than problem mind-set
- Motivated to grow with the team to become a recognised expert
- Ability to manage time effectively and perform well under pressure
- A strong team player with a collaborative approach to work
- Salary is competitive and negotiable depending on experience
- Eligible for the firm’s discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days annual leave including the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Matched pension contributions
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance at 4x Salary
- Income Protection Cover
- Optical Care vouchers and many more benefits and discounts.
To apply or find out more, please get in touch with our recruitment team and send your CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the role you wish to apply for.
We are an equal opportunities employer and ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
Appointment is subject to the appropriate background checks and satisfactory references.
A note to recruitment agencies: we like to recruit utilising internal recruitment team resources initially so this role is only open to direct applicants. If we do need any extra help we will reach out to you and utilise our PSL in the first instance.