Download the e-leaflet here to find out more about JUSTICE JUSTICE 2022(e-leaflet)
JUSTICE is a law reform and human rights charity. We conduct research, produce policy proposals and influence policymakers at the highest levels to achieve a fairer, more accessible and more transparent justice system.
We work across the entire justice system, working to uphold the rule of law and solve
systemic issues that affect thousands, if not millions of people. We work in the areas
in most need of improvement and where we can affect the greatest change. We are a
cross-party organisation, led by evidence and our values, not politics. We provide an
impartial, expert voice and generate pragmatic recommendations for implementation by Parliament and other public bodies.
OUR CURRENT FOCUS
We examine and respond to a range of Government policy and legislation including
the Bill of Rights Bill, the Public Order Bill, and the Victims Bill – seeking to raise the
profile and importance of individual rights, the rule of law and the role of lawyers as
trusted guardians of our constitution.
Here is a sample of our current research and policy projects:
- Reforming the Windrush Compensation Scheme;
- Improving access to justice for separating families;
- Ensuring civil ‘hybrid orders’ (such as Domestic Abuse Prevention Orders) are
issued and enforced fairly, consistently and in a rights compliant manner;
- Improving public body decision-making which has been outsourced to private
- Improving administrative decision-making in prisons.
We run an extensive events programme, from Conferences to discussion panels,
throughout the year, convening experts to discuss topical legal and human rights
issues, and sharing their knowledge and expertise.
With the current threats to the rule of law, the Government’s heavy legislative programme, the Covid-19 backlog exacerbating an already strained system, and attacks on the legal profession, our work has never been more crucial.
- Access our member-only events
- Receive discounts on our ticketed events
- Have the opportunity to participate in our ground-breaking
- Undertake pro bono research
- Network with senior judges, leading lawyers, academics and
We are a membership organisation for both individuals and firms, and are proud to represent the breadth of the UK’s legal landscape, from students starting their careers to QCs, judges, and partners at international firms.
JUSTICE members are essential to our success, sharing their
expertise to help defend the rule of law.
As a member, you’ll help us create essential change across the
entire legal system.