Job title: Private Client Associate/Managing Associate
Team: Private Wealth
Reporting to: Head of Department
Flexibility: Occasional travel to other UK offices
Contract Type: Permanent, full-time
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9-5.30pm
There has never been a more exciting time to join Ince. We are a dynamic international legal and professional services firm, with offices in nine countries across Europe, Asia and the Middle East. With over 500 people, including over 100 partners worldwide.
Our new Private Wealth division brings together specialists from across the firm in legal and non-legal services – family, tax, private client, residential conveyancing, and pension and investment services to name a few – to provide a full suite of advisory services to local and international individuals, families and the institutions who support them. We recognise their needs and offer personal and business focussed legal services, together with advice that makes practical and commercial sense. Our clients range from traditional UK based individuals and families, entrepreneurs, business owners and professionals to high and ultra-high net worth international clients of all types.
We believe in helping our clients, and our colleagues, reach their ambitions by unlocking new and exciting opportunities. Our Private Wealth division is a growing and ambitious part of the Ince story and is actively looking to grow regionally, nationally and internationally.
That’s where you come in − if you are looking for a challenging and fulfilling career and are equally committed to delivering exceptional value and service to our clients, then Ince could be the firm for you. We offer a supportive, inclusive and high performance work environment, where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential.
Join us, grow with us, and win with us.
Private Client Associate
We are looking to recruit a solicitor with expertise in Court of Protection matters who wishes to help develop and grow the Court of Protection offering within our Bristol Private Client team. You will likely have around 7 years PQE, preferably with a following and ideally have a good network of referrers externally. You will be highly motivated to develop this specialism within the team. Support will be provided by a Senior Partner in London as well as the wider Private Client team in Bristol.
Requirements and previous experience
- Preparing all types of application to the Court of Protection, including Deputyship applications and Statutory Wills;
- Ongoing management of Deputyships, working with brain injured and vulnerable clients;
- Trust management, including assisting with tax affairs and accounts;
- Drafting Personal Injury Trusts;
- Assisting in the purchase of properties and adapting them for the needs of clients;
- Liaising with case managers, medical professionals, surveyors and other specialists;
- Creating and monitoring client’s budgets and liaising with investment managers to ensure fund sustainability;
- Attend clients at hospitals, in their home and care/nursing homes;
- Day-to-day contact with clients and their individual lifestyle requirements
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of the client’s aims and objectives, together with being able to interview and advise clients, helping them decide the best course of action.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of competence in the above aspects of Private Client work and able to identify the relevant legal issues applicable to a matter or a transaction.
- Taking client calls and meetings successfully and producing/recording effective telephone notes and attendance notes and conducting effective case and transaction management to progress client matters.
- To apply firm and departmental processes and procedures. This would include achieving agreed fee earning and caseload targets, as set by the Head of the team.
- Drafting legal documents in plain language that is clear, concise and makes best use of precedents including knowing how to save time and costs.
- Participating in business generation activities including identifying and attending appropriate networking opportunities.
- Working with IFAs, brokers and accountants to ensure clients are given a fully considered approach.
- A willingness to create and develop a client base of Court of Protection matters. Preferably with a following but if not, keen to develop existing specialist skills within the Private Wealth Department.
- An enthusiasm to create internal cross-discipline referrals as well as expanding on an existing network externally to bring together a robust offering in this specialism.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and problem solving skills, both verbal and written, with excellent interpersonal skills, great attention to detail and an ability to communicate professionally and respectfully with clients and third parties with whom you interact.
- Proven multi-tasker, who can demonstrate the ongoing use of initiative.
- Team player but self-motivated and able to work autonomously and pro-actively. We would expect you to play an active role within the team and support other team members during busy times.
- Used to delivering against short deadlines, accurately and a proven ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload.
- Able to demonstrate experience liaising pro-actively with third parties professionally.
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills. We would expect you to demonstrate an understanding/awareness of good financial health, working capital and regular billing and refer matters as necessary in a timely fashion to a supervisor.
- Salary is competitive
- Competitive fee-earner bonus
- 25 days annual leave including the opportunity to buy and sell holiday
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance at 4x Salary
- Income Protection Cover
- Optical Care vouchers and many more benefits and discounts
To apply or find out more, please get in touch with our recruitment team and send your CV in the first instance to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the role you wish to apply for.
We are an equal opportunities employer and ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race.
Appointment is subject to the appropriate background checks and satisfactory references.
A note to recruitment agencies: we like to recruit utilising internal recruitment team resources initially so this role is only open to direct applicants. If we do need any extra help we will reach out to you and utilise our PSL in the first instance.