We are looking for a Conveyancer to join our busy Residential Conveyancing team on North Street, Bedminster.
You will be dealing with a caseload of residential property transactions and related areas. You will be well supported by a Paralegal and secretarial and administrative team members.
We are open to and encouraging of agile and flexible working.
The team has established connections with local estate agents, and we are therefore looking for someone who is engaged and confident with networking and other marketing/business development activities.
Some of the duties you can expect to be involved in are:
- Interviewing clients and taking instructions
- Maintaining file checklists
- Exercising high standards of client care at all times
- Assessing the quality of work undertaken
- Issuing client care letters
- Taking forward matters including drafting or considering contract packages
- Raising enquiries
- Submitting all appropriate searches
- Conducting exchanges of contract
- Agreeing on the form of transfer deeds and raising requisitions
- Completing matters on schedule
- Advising clients as to the progress and costs of matters
- Checking all draft documents
- Giving undertakings in the approved form in conveyancing matters
- Maintaining an adequate and up-to-date knowledge of the law and practice
- Participation in marketing activities
- Accounts procedures, including preparing bills and completion statements, and attending monthly review meetings to report on outstanding bills and disbursements
The ideal candidate
- Qualified Solicitor, Legal Executive or Licensed Conveyancer with previous experience, ideally in the Bristol market
- IT literate and confident using and adapting to new systems and processes
- Marketing skills which will allow for business development through social media and networking
Location and working hours
- Full-time (office hours are 9am – 5.15pm, Monday to Friday)
- You will be based at our Bedminster office, but with the option to apply for hybrid working upon successful completion of your probation
Barcan+Kirby is well known in the Bristol legal market both as a provider of excellent legal services for individuals and businesses, and as a progressive firm with an excellent reputation as an employer.
We pride ourselves on promoting the work/life balance of employees and promoting positive wellbeing and mental health is incredibly important to us. We were advocates for flexible working long before the Covid-19 pandemic, and we are fully supportive of hybrid working.
Our core values drive our culture and are at the heart of everything we do, and we are far from being a stuffy, rigid law firm.
We won Law Firm of the Year (up to 20 Partners) at the Bristol Law Society Awards 2021, 2019 and 2015.
- A minimum of 25 days’ holiday per year with the option to purchase additional holiday
- Employer pension contribution
- Death in service
- Discretionary bonus
- Access to the firm’s Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted legal services
- Flexible, hybrid and agile working including a flexible day
- Apprenticeship programmes, including an ILM management course
How to apply