Following the successful event held in 2020, Leeds Law Society and the Law Society of England and Wales ( BLS supporting and taking part) are again holding a free virtual diversity and inclusion conference around National Inclusion Week from 14 to 30 September 2021.
With a theme of ‘Promoting a modern, diverse and inclusive profession’, the conference will consist of virtual events across six days. Each will focus on a particular strand of diversity and inclusion:
- Mental Wellbeing – Tuesday 14 September (17.00-19.00)
- LGBTQ+ – Thursday 16 September (17.00-19.00)
- Gender – Tuesday 21 September (17.00-19.00)
- Social Mobility – Thursday 23 September (12.00-14.00)
- Disability – Tuesday 28 September (12.00-14.00)
- Race and Ethnicity – Thursday 30 September (17.00-19.00)
The events will comprise talks and panel discussions with leading figures, together with hints and tips on diversity and inclusion best practice. Confirmed speakers include; Lady Hale, Lord Shinkwin and Judge Victoria McCloud, together with representatives from #10000BlackInterns, LawCare and The Bridge Group.
We will also be sharing pre-recorded content around religion and belief, age and intersectionality which will be available soon.
Download the virtual brochure here: Diversity & Inclusion Conference 2021 – Virtual Approval
Please click on the events listed above to book or, alternatively, find all available events listed here.