What is Bristol Law Society up to?
Well in December and early January, the answer is very little. But from Mid January the temperature rises and I would like to take this opportunity to share what we have started planning for this coming year.
We have confirmed the committees for our most popular and well known events such as the Annual Awards Dinner, our infamous quizzes, the Summer Party of the year and our conferences which attract high quality speakers for those specialising in Dispute Resolution, Private Client, Property, PI, Clinical Negligence and Costs.
We also have groups committed to responding to consultations, creating our new website and engaging with local schools.
This year we are planning to introduce some new events! These include:
- A Bristol Conference showcasing the best of some of our Legal, Business and Technology talent
- Improving membership benefits (discounts for your favourite places)
- A junior lawyers conference
- An in-house lawyers conference
- A series of educational events regarding Diversity & Inclusivity
- A celebration of Women in Law
- Early preparations for our 250Th year celebrations (2020)
We hope that along the way we can raise some funds for our Charity of the Year, the Bristol Children’s Help Society which provides respite and study breaks for the most disadvantaged children in our City.
We continue to engage with other Law Societies through Joint V (Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool and Leeds) and the Association of South Western Law Societies.
Finally we are pleased to have signed up to the Bristol Equality Charter. We believe this represents important values that will ensure that Bristol remains a great place to work, live and study. We will embrace this Charter in all that we do for our members.
I wish you all a very Happy New Year and I look forward to seeing you at our forthcoming events.