Owing to the success of last year’s pilot programme in the Faculty of Business & Law, the mentoring scheme has been up-scaled and offered across all campuses to undergraduate BAME of UK domicile students. The Employer webpage will highlight the benefits of engagement and provide information on the pilot scheme. The Mentoring scheme feeds into the wider UWE initiative to address disparities in the graduate outcomes, attainment and learning trajectories of BAME students through the Equity Programme
Term 1 – Final year students
Four hours commitment from the Mentor between Nov-January 2019 (mentoring partnerships completed) I am delighted to have matched 26 students to mentors from across the city and from multi disciplines.
Term 2 – First and Second year students
Four hours commitment from the Mentor between January – March 2019.
- The mentoring is targeting priority courses and mentors will be matched to students accordingly.
- The mentoring sessions will take place on a UWE campus or at the Mentors offices.
- Mentors do not need to be from a BAME background.
Employer briefing (Employers only need to attend the briefing if they have been matched to a student mentee)
There will be an employer briefing on Frenchay campus on 23rd January 2019 between 4.00-6.00pm which will cover the following points:-
- Go through the scheme’s parameters
- Presentation on coaching/mentoring skills by academic staff
- Provide you with a mentor handbook which will include details of your Mentee
- Introduction to your mentee – if your mentee cannot make the student briefing an e-introduction will be made
Anyone interested in mentoring should contact Jaya Mistry via UWEmentoring@uwe.ac.uk and she will send details on how to register and complete a mentor registration form.