Court of Protection Practitioners Association Survey on delays at SCCO
Please see below a survey that the Court of Protection Practitioners Association (CoPPA) are running to canvass views and experiences about the serious impact of the delays at the Senior Courts Costs Office (SCCO). The CoPPA are keen to gather this feedback so that they can then review the data received and ask the Court to consider any interim solutions whilst they wait for the recruitment process within the SCCO to make a material difference to assessment timeframes.
Should members wish to submit a response please complete the questions below and send them to CoPPA at email@example.com by the end of January 2023.
- What are the average timeframes for getting assessed bills back from the SCCO currently?
- Has the assessment timeframe you have provided above improved in the last few months? If so, by how much?
- What are the average timeframes you are seeing for re-assessment of a bill?
- Please explain the impact the delays at the SCCO is having on your firm?
- Please explain the impact that the delays at the SCCO may be having on your clients?
- If you are comfortable, please provide any specific examples of the impact of the SCCO delays on your firm?
- Please set out any proposals you may have that could be an interim solution whilst we await improvement with the ongoing Court recruitment campaign.