Looking for Legal Advice?
Members of the public, please note that Bristol Law Society does not provide any services or legal advice to the public. There are however many organisations that can assist you and we hope that the following information will help resolve any queries or issues you may be experiencing.
- Citizens Advice Bureau Bristol - a local charity that aims to provide free, independent, impartial, and confidential advice to whoever may need it
- Citizens Advice Bureau Bath and North Somerset
- Bristol Law Centre – a range of free advice on housing & homelessness, benefits, mental health, employment, and discrimination
- ACFA – The Bristol Advice Centre – see links to member organisations in the city who can assist on a range of matters
Find a Solicitor
Find a notary
Wills & Probate
Find a will/ grant of probate
- The Probate Service
- Certainty – the national Will Register
Register a will
Register of law firms no longer in existence
If you are looking for a firm of solicitors which is no longer in business, Bristol Law Society keeps limited records for firms in the Bristol & Bath area which have either closed, been closed, or merged with another firm. Please contact email@example.com for enquiries. We may be able to indicate which the successor firm is or where the files have gone or put out a request to our members for info.
A comprehensive list of out-of-practice firms is kept by the Solicitors Regulation Authority for firms in England and Wales. Call them on 0370 606 2555