Become a Member
Follow the links below to apply for membership of the Bristol Law Society.
Check our list of corporate members before applying to see if your firm is already a member.
You can also check the corporate members list and our list of council members to help you identify a proposer and seconder.
Professional membership is available to the following categories:
- Partner/Member/Director, Consultant, Principal, or Sole Practitioner £100
- Employed Solicitor with 3 years PQE+ £60
- Employed Solicitor with less than 3 years PQE £40
- Barrister at law £100
- Judge or Magistrate £100
- FILEx/CILEx £40
- Paralegal or legal assistant £40
- Legal Apprentice £40
- Licensed conveyancer £40
- Costs lawyer/ draftsman £40
- Notary Public £40
- Trade Mark or Patent Attorney £40
- Foreign lawyer or registered foreign lawyer within the meaning of Section 89 of the Court and Legal Services Act 1990 £40
- Director, principal or employee of a legal services provider which is regulated, registered or authorised by an Approved Regulator £40
- Employed by a recognised provider of legal education £30
- Retired but prior to my retirement, qualified for membership as above £30
- Trainee solicitor enrolled with the SRA on a recognised training contract Free
- Pupil or Trainee barrister Free
- Trainee chartered legal executive Free
Membership is free for students. If you are studying part-time and work in role where an Associate Membership category would apply then membership will fall under that category.