Bristol Law Society is a private members’ local law society of about 6000 which represents and supports the local legal community.
Membership is renewable annually and is open to the following categories of people:
- SRA Regulated Manager
- Trainee solicitor
- Pupil or Trainee Barrister
- Trainee chartered legal executive
- Paralegal or legal assistant
- Licensed conveyancer
- Costs lawyer
- Foreign lawyer or registered foreign lawyer within the meaning of Section 89 of the Court and Legal Services Act 1990
- Director, principal or employee of a legal services provider which is regulated, registered or authorised by an Approved Regulator
- Employed by a recognised provider of legal education
- Retired but prior to retirement, qualified for membership as above
- Notary Public
- Trade Mark or Patent Attorney
- Other (Please provide details on application)
To apply to join, you must have a proposer and seconder who are members of Bristol Law Society. If you do not know a member of BLS and wish to join, please do contact us and we will assist in finding requisite members on council who can support your application. If you have any queries, please contact us at email@example.com.
Membership confers a number of benefits including access to various special offers and special rates to attend BLS events. Members automatically receive the Bristol Law Society monthly newsletter, Legal Life.
To apply for membership, please click here.
Subscriptions renewal for existing Bristol Law Society members
Subscriptions for the renewal membership become due on 1 December each year All members will receive a letter from the BLS Office advising them that their membership is due for renewal and how to make payment.