Notice re Contested Financial Remedy Applications
Message from HMCTS
From 31 January 2023 legal representatives must submit and manage applications for contested financial remedy online using MyHMCTS. Documents and orders must be uploaded to the online service and will no longer be accepted at local courts. These changes are included in the pilot Practice Direction 36N which has recently been signed off by the Family Procedure Rule Committee.
A transition period will be in place from Wednesday 1 February to Tuesday 28 February 2023. During this time, HMCTS will continue to process paper applications, until 28 February when they will be returned.
HMCTS have asked us to remind members of this date and that the following guidance is available to assist to ensure minimal disruption:
- Setting up a payment by account for HMCTS online services
- Creating a MyHMCTS account for your organisation
- Submitting a contested financial remedy application using MyHMCTS
- Managing a contested financial remedy application on MyHMCTS
- Video guidance on submitting financial remedy applications on MyHMCTS
- Recording of Financial Remedy drop in session from January 2023.