UK Legal Tech Trade Mission to New York Monday 29 January – Friday 2 February 2024
UK headquartered lawtech, legaltech and legal innovation companies who have technology solutions for the legal services sector are invited to apply to join the Department for Business and Trade’s trade mission to New York.
The mission provides UK companies with an exclusive program of activities and events including the LegalWeek conference, networking, pitching sessions and market briefings to connect with key stakeholders and decision makers in New York’s legal and lawtech ecosystem.
Applications close 29 September 2023.
Why New York?
New York has a vibrant legal tech ecosystem, with many international and home-grown companies partnering and supplying innovation and technology solutions to the US's legal sector. The market is receptive to new technology and there are a number of major firms, both local and international, that are seeking innovative solutions in the post-COVID era.
Moreover, if you are interested in building out your client base in the United States, then New York is certainly a sensible place to start.
About the LegalWeek conference
Legalweek is one week where thousands of legal professionals gather to network with their peers, dive deeper into their professional development, explore topics and strategies tailored specifically to their role, and gain the tools to get legal business done.
Described as the "one legal event that hits all the marks for information, education, and networking" and the "best gathering place for many of the leading legal minds across the industry", Legalweek is the only place to gain actionable insights that will help legal leaders restructure, rebuild and reinvigorate today's law firms and legal departments.
Selected UK companies will be invited to participate in the trade mission to New York and join the UK Government at the LegalWeek Conference. Our Trade Mission allows you to meet and showcase your services and products to key decision makers across the United States, including a range of stakeholders such as business, industry and thought leaders.
Mission Programme (subject to change)
Monday 29 January
- Official welcome to the Mission at the British Consulate, New York
- Delegate roundtable – share experiences of the United States market knowledge and mission goals. Hear from UK tech firms sharing their experiences and lessons learned.
- The legal and legaltech landscape in New York. Legal and regulatory considerations for setting up your business in New York (covering tax, data regulations, employing staff)
- LegalWeek Conference kicks off in the afternoon
Tuesday 30 January
- LegalWeek Conference continues
- Evening networking event
Wednesday 31 January
- LegalWeek Conference continues
- Evening pitch event
Thursday 1 February
- Roundtable with Legal Innovators
- Introduction to US market by service providers (attendees will be polled in advance regarding what questions they would like addressed)
- Evening concluding reception
Friday 2 February
- All day business meetings- firms may arrange meetings with relevant contacts they may and DBT colleagues will accompany
- Debrief and Mission wrap-up
UK Legal Tech companies:
Register here to secure your spot at Legalweek
Applications are open to UK headquartered lawtech, legaltech and legal innovation companies who have technology solutions for the legal services sector and have identified a go-to-market strategy for the United States.
Please note: although there is no cost to participate in the mission program:
(a) There is the option of hosting a booth at the LegalWeek at a significant discount
(b) All travel expenses, including flights and accommodation will be at your own expense
Places are limited, apply now to register your interest in being part of the mission program.
Applications close on Friday 29 September 2023 at 11:59pm GMT.
For more information, contact Ewan Evans or Rytas Stankunas