Bristol Law Society is committed to promoting and supporting ED&I in the legal profession with a focus within Bristol and the South West.
As part of this we promote inclusion and equal opportunities in the legal profession we engage with the local LGBT+ legal community and other LGBT+ groups. The term LGBT+ is meant to encompass everybody who identifies as non-heterosexual and/or non-cisgender, including but not limited to lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans*, asexual, intersex and all who fall under the full LGBT+ diversity spectrum.
For more information or local support please contact us at email@example.com.
The Law Society of England and Wales, the Bar Council of England and Wales and the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) celebrate Pride each year with the community and allies coming together for Bristol Pride each year.
Local LGBT+ Groups and Organisations
Do you have an organisation you would like to add to our list? Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
LGBT+ Division of the Law Society
If you are not already a member of the national Law Society LGBT+ Division – why not join? Membership of the LGBT+ Lawyers Division is free, and is open to all solicitors and their allies.
Members benefit from:
- specialised events and training
- networking opportunities
- regular e-newsletters and updates
- access to a community of LGBT+ lawyers
- voting rights for division seats on the Law Society’s governing council
To join the LGBT+ Division, sign up to My Law Society and tick the LGBT+ lawyers box in Special interests. You will receive regular email updates and tailored content will appear on your My Law Society homepage. For more information email email@example.com.
Resources & Websites:
- Using pronouns in the workplace
- Report: Pride in the law: experiences of the LGBT+ community within the legal profession
- Law Society: Transition and change to gender expression template
- LGBT+ Lawyers Division
- The Law Society LGBT+ Lawyers Division – LinkedIn Group
- Freebar https://freebar.co.uk/
- Interlaw Diversity Forum
- LGBT Foundation
- Global Butterflies
- OTR Bristol: Freedom
- Bristol Pride Resources
- Business case for diversity and inclusion, which also contains tips and practical suggestions for leaders to be more inclusive.
We love collaborating with others. If you have any websites, resources or events you would like us to share or collaborate on please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.