Ethnic Minority Lawyers
Bristol Law Society is committed to promoting and supporting ED&I in the legal profession with a focus within Bristol and the South West.
As part of this we promote inclusion and equal opportunities in the legal profession to empower black and minority ethnic lawyers across the region.
For more information or local support please contact Salma Maqsood on S.Maqsood@barcankirby.co.uk
BLS Ethnic Minority Lawyers Sub-Committee
Bristol Law Society Members can join our Ethnic Minority Lawyers Sub-Committee. If you are interested in joining and being added to our sub-committee mailing list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or one of our Co-Chairs.
Local Groups and Organisations
Do you have an organisation you would like to add to our list? Get in touch by emailing email@example.com.
Ethnic Minority Lawyers Division of the Law Society
If you are not already a member of the national Law Society Ethnic Minority Lawyers Division – why not join? Membership of the Ethnic Minority Lawyers Division is free, and is open to all solicitors and their allies.
Members benefit from:
- specialised events and training
- networking opportunities
- regular e-newsletters and updates
- access to a community of Ethnic Minority lawyers
- voting rights for division seats on the Law Society’s governing council
To join the Ethnic Minority Lawyers Division, sign up to My Law Society and tick the Ethnic Minority Lawyers box in Special interests. You will receive regular email updates and tailored content will appear on your My Law Society homepage. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Local Bristol Community initiatives:
Eat Share Love – ’91 Ways’ fundraising cook book
Eat, Share, Love is a unique collection of recipes from Bristol’s 91 language communities, celebrating the city’s diversity by giving voice to Bristol home cooks who share their heartfelt and intimate personal stories behind their favourite dishes.
Food author and campaigner Kalpna Woolf founded 91Ways to Build A Global City in 2015 to break down barriers and unite Bristol’s communities using the power of food. All proceeds from the book will go to the 91Ways charity.
Resources and Websites:
- Solicitors Regulation Authority Diversity Tool
- Ethnic Minority Lawyers Division
- The Law Society Ethnic Minority Lawyers Division – LinkedIn Group
- Diversity & Inclusion Framework
- Law Society: A guide to race and ethnicity terminology and language
- Law Society: Promoting race inclusivity in the workplace: a toolkit for organisations
- Law Society: Race for inclusion: the experiences of Black, Asian and minority ethnic solicitors
- Black Solicitors Network
- Race for Opportunity
- Critical Race and Culture Research Network at UWE
- South Asian Heritage Month
We love collaborating with others. If you have any websites, resources or events you would like us to share or collaborate on please get in touch by emailing email@example.com.